Judges in Arizona can issue arrest warrants for a variety of crimes. However, did you know that you could also have an active warrant for neglecting to pay a fine or not appearing in court? If you do not appear in court, the judge will issue a warrant for your arrest, and your driver’s license will be suspended. Furthermore, the failure to appear in court is also considered a crime, so that you can be charged with a felony as well. If you think you may have an outstanding warrant, contact an attorney or do a warrant search yourself immediately.
Searching for warrants and arrest records in Cochise County
To look up case information for Cochise County, use the http://www.azcourts.gov/ provided by the court. This system supplies the public with information on closed and open cases in Cochise County. For additional information about a particular case, contact the Clerk of Court for Superior Court. The Clerk of Court maintains records in addition to issuing warrants.
In addition to the Superior Court, https://www.cochise.az.gov/ can also issue arrest warrants within Cochise County. Each court covers a defined jurisdiction within Cochise County. You can contact the Justice Court in the jurisdiction where the crime occurred or where the suspect resides.
To check for outstanding warrants, contact the warrants division of the Cochise County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office can assist with arrest records and warrant information. You can also check for current inmates through the county’s website.
Over the phone, how do you acquire information on Cochise County warrants and arrests? (This page was last updated in 2021.)
- For an incident/accident/arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (520) 432-9500.
- For information on active warrants, contact the Justice Court: (520) 432-9540 (Bisbee), (520) 805-5640 (Douglas), (520) 586-8100 (Benson), (520) 384-7000 (Wilcox), (520) 803-3800 (Sierra Vista), or (520) 847-2303 (Bowie).
- For details on recent arrests, call Cochise Jail Booking at (520) 432-7554.
- For inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of the Cochise County Jail- (520) 432-7540.
- For information on victim services, call the Victim-Witness Program Director at (520) 432-8700.
- For criminal case court dates and information on accessing criminal judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (520) 432-8600 (Bisbee) or (520) 803-3060 (Sierra Vista).
Cochise County crime data
The Cochise County Sheriff’s Department filed roughly 590 criminal reports in 2019. More than 530 of the crimes reported were property crimes, and 47 constituted crimes against people. The majority of property crime cases involved larceny-theft (273 cases) and burglary (195 cases). The complaints in the category of violent crimes included 43 cases of aggravated assault and 1 of rape, among other offenses.
From 1999 through 2008, overall crime rates in Cochise County rose by 50%, while violent crimes rose by almost 84%. Even though most of the crimes that were reported during this time were related to burglary and theft. About one crime occurred every two hours in Cochise County, and half of those occurred less than one mile from home. The largest increase in crime during the 10-year period occurred during 2004.